showing REDICULOUSLY early w second baby?

i know its very normal to show earlier and get bigger w a second baby, but i feel like im pretty huge at this point. i was showing a little bit by 13 weeks w my first, but right now i am less than 8 weeks, and i look like i didwhen i was 4-5 months pregnant before.

has anyone else experienced this extreme? i have an apt next week. twins do run in my family so i think maybe thats a possibility. any thoughts?

erika_wright

Asked by erika_wright at 1:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was the same way, by the time I was 6mths along everyone was convinced that i was having twins. Once I was in Ikea and this lady was sitting down on one of the sofas and she just looked at me and said, Oh you poor thing, i feel so bad for you, twins or triplets, i was swollen everywhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• LOL...don't feel like you're the only one. I'm in the same boat as you. I feel and look huge than I did on my first pregnancy. But hey, you said twins run in your family so it could be possible that you're pregnant with twins. =)
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• congratulationsLess than 8 weeks odds are you are bloated. Dont feel bad I was the same way with my second. Just remember tho that they baby isnt even about your pelvic bone yet. Oh and Congrats!!!!

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• It's ridiculous not rediculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I only have one but my stomach popped out as soon as i got pregnant. By 10 weeks I was wearing maternity clothes.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I got bigger earlier with all of mine too...I wasn't showing until 5 months with my 1st; 4 months with my 2nd; 3 months with my 3rd; and now I look like I'm 8 months on my 4th but I'm only 5 months along...I get HUGE during the 3rd trimester and everyone always asks if its twins...guess its just bcs I'm so short! lol
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• YEs, it happens

tpickle

Answer by tpickle at 9:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• :) With my first, clothes were getting tight around 5-6 weeks - I was very very sick (nausea and vomiting) even before this point and was in maternity clothes by 8 weeks. Found out at 10 weeks I was carrying triplets. I carried twins (lost 1 baby) and multiples didn't run in my family. I didn't show as early with my second pregnancy, but I did get much larger - and he was only 1. All of your abdominal muscles and tissues have been stretched, by your first pregnancy, so it is normal to pop out much earlier. You'll do great, Mama!
    Mamaoftwingles

Answer by Mamaoftwingles at 10:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• same thing happend with my twins.. they were babies 4 and 5 , By the time I was 3 months I looked like I was 6 months along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I never even needed maternity clothes with my first till a week before she was born, With my second I looked like 9 months PG at 4 months! Everybody was sure I was ready to go into labor any second when I was at a store or anything. It's natural, you'll be fine! Good luck and CONGRATS!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2009