Adam and Eve

Will they be dealt with more harshly? Do you think they were forgiven? I mean they had no law to follow so how did they repent?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They had common sense and nobody knows how they will or were delt with.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• That is a good point that they had no law, and since Jesus' hadn't died yet there wasn't grace. I am wondering now lol. But as too will they be dealt with more harshly I don't see how they can be. We have all sinned, even if all we ever do is sin once in our entire life *impossable* we would still be just as dirty to God. So since we are equally dirty I do not think they will be dealt with more harshly. But they may feel great sorrow for having brought sin into the world. And will feel the greatest shame for having been the trigger for this to happen.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I have no idea how they would be judged...
    since God know everything- he KNEW they would screw up, and to me that is a horrible thing *to create people KNOWING they will screw up which caused the punishment for us? why bother with it -I mean just skip that part...what was the point?
    Honestly how jacked up is that?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Christ's sacrifice is eternal and everlasting - it's not bound by space or time. So of course His sacrifice would apply to righteous souls in the Old Testament. So Adam and Eve are judged just like we are all judged. No one earns their salvation, it's a free gift from God.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• he KNEW they would screw up, and to me that is a horrible thing *to create people KNOWING they will screw up which caused the punishment for us? why bother with it -I mean just skip that part...what was the point?

It's the whole "free will" thing.  To truely love someone you have to be able to choose not to love them.  So God gave us the ability to choose whether or not to love and follow him.  It's not about knowing someone will screw up and then wanting to punish them - it's allowing people to experience the consequences of the choices that they freely make.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Free will is a convenient cop-out, isn't it? Does anyone realize that this only applies to the one in power...which neither Adam nor Eve had? Abusers like this technique too, saying "You can choose to do what you want, but if you make the wrong choice (according to their standards) you will be punished." For me, they didn't exist. That makes them lucky, since they don't have to face retribution from their "loving" god.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• The Quran reveals that Allah forgave Adam and Eve immediately after confronting them when they sought forgiveness from them however he still punished them by exile out of eden. He instructed them and the future generations to following the guidance of a pious prophet whenever he came to them.

there is no more punishment to be received by them. We believe they will be in paradise
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• In the Old Testament, we see what's called Sheol a lot. Sheol was the general holding place for souls up until the time that Christ descended into hell to preach the gospel. There were two parts; paradise and what we'd term hell. All the OT saints that looked toward the cross, or in other words, believed in the coming Messiah, were held in Paradise. When Christ descended into hell, He preached the gospel to those there.. and led captivity captive.

Whether or not Adam and Eve were forgiven and saved... hard to say. Only God really knows.
    vicki1130

Answer by vicki1130 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Jesus went to hell? Proof?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2009