Were you thin before you got married and then gained a lot of weight afterwards?

I was thin before I married hubby. I wasn't even that active and what I ate wasn't the greatest...lol...junk food...but I stayed thin. When we got married, that's when I started gaining weight. I was active (not that much now since I'm preggers...lol...that's my excuse for now) and didn't really eat that much junk food and yet I gained a lot.

My MIL said I gained a lot of weight because I was happy in the marriage....lol...ok...I think I just need more toning exercise. So have you gained a lot before marriage or pretty much stayed the same?

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have gained a crapload after having 4 kids and 9 years of marriage. about 100lbs. it sucks, but I am working on losing it. lost 9lbs so far!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• soonmommyof3: 9 lbs is a start...only 91 more pounds to go. You can do it. Good luck!
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 2:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I was just telling someone this earlier tonight and their jaw dropped lol, I was a size 5 it wasnt so much marriage as it was babies, with marriage i gained the 20 happy pounds most women pick up when they relax in a relationship. With the first two kids i had gestational diabetes that wasnt caught either time till the very end at my largest i was a 22, imagine starting out a 5 and 9 months later being a 22, it is a huge change. The lowest i have been able to get back to is a 12 but after the last baby (5 years ago) i havent been able to get past a 16.

I think i still have a box in the garage from the first baby marked "clothes for after baby is born" that has all my small sizes in it, I opened it once and cried lol. One day I will get most of it off but I am realistic, the women in my family all started out small and ended up larger after the kids and i watched them diet and excercise like crazy to lose it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• 3_ring_circus_:Oh wow....that kind of sucks. Hopefully you'll reach the weight or size you want. Idk gestational diabetes in pregnancy could do that.

As for me it wasn't having kids. The first 4 years of our marriage without kids....I looked pregnant....lol...it was a joke that I was pregnant for almost 5 years instead of just the 9 months with dd. lol
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I was always really thin and fit. I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy and then lost it all by 6 month postpartum
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i was alot smaller when I first met my husband....I gained, then lost alot after having our 1st, gained it back and then lost even more after I had our 2nd....now I have gained even more than before...considering #3 just to lose it again lol...j/k
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yeah I was super thin...
    And then of course two weeks after we got married I got super sick and spent the next ten months in bed. When I finally recovered I had gained 70 pounds and I had nasty stretch marks all over.
    Now when I complain people say, "oh it's because you had a baby." Yeah it wasn't... I got sick, and I got fat.
    But it's slowly coming off now :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I gained weight twice due to physical trauma (pregnancy and surgery) and lost it twice due to emotional stress.  Now I'm happy with my weight.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I've gained weight over the years, but it was from general age rather than marriage. I was a size 2 when I first married, I'm now a size 4/6 in pants and a 8/10 for shirts - but it's been 16 years! I'm happy with my weight, I have more curve to my body now and look damn good for a 36 yo lady with 4 kids and one on the way.

Answer by missanc at 8:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yes {sigh}. I have really let myself go with each pregnancy and with the diabetes. Ick!
    I have been working on it, though, and weigh a LOT less, by over 30 pounds, since 2 years ago. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm trying to do it the healthy way with a proper diet and exercise instead of with starvation and/or meds.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2009