Stupid question maybe

So what kind of carseat can my son sit in at 3, he is between 30 to 35 ponds and about 35inch tall, so what kind of carseat should he sit in?

miss_nevin

Asked by miss_nevin at 2:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A booster seat. You have the choice of a highbacked booster which are nice because the have a clip that hold the shoulder harness in place, or you could use one of the ones without a back on them which are nice because they're small and easy to move from car to car if you only have one seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Make sure you check the weight minimumson the backless seats. Some of those require the child to be 40 pounds.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Convertible with a high weight limit (so you can use it longer). At his age he still needs a five point harness and I would even consider keeping him rear facing another year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• A lot of states have a 4 year and 40 pound limit for when you can start a booster seat, so a 5-point harness is still needed, plus it's safer. My 3 yo loves her Graco Nautilus...I know it's pricey, but if you order it online from Baby Supermarket, it's pretty much straight from the factory, so it will be the last car seat you'll ever need to buy him. It turns into a high back booster and a backless booster, so you're good until he no longer needs a seat. Unless the laws change before then, of course, lol.
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Your son is about the same size as mine. We're still using a front facing convertible seat just watch the weight limit. I'm keeping mine in a 5 pt harness as long as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I would put him in a booster that has a 5pt harness. My 3 1/2yo is in one and she weighs about 32lbs and is 40" tall. She'll be in it at least until she hits 40lbs.
    My oldest was in a 5pt harness until she was almost 7. That's when she was about 40lbs.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My son is 32lbs and 42" tall and he has a Graco Nautilus. You need a high back booster at a minimum but he really should still have a 5 point harness. Graco has a car seat finder on their website where you put in info like height and weight and it tells you which seats are suitable.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009