My son teething

I really need advice my son is teething he has 3 teeth coming in at once. and he has been fussy and he has a stuffy/runny nose and a cough that seems to be getting worse. he just started getting a rash on his face it started getting way worse like his face is really red from it.my step mom told me to put a&d rash cream on it but doesnt seem to be helping it is this normal when your kid is teething or could my son be allergic to our dog i'm really freaking out because this is my first kid. any advice or should i take him to the doctor or is this normal when he is teething.???

ryansbabygurl88

Asked by ryansbabygurl88 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is the rash just around his mouth? If so, it could just be from the drool. If it is all over his face, then I don't think it has anything to do with teething.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• For the teething, Hylands teething tabs and frozen damp washcloths; also, let him nurse as often as he wants.
    The rash my be excema; try to keep it dry, and put coconut oil on it. A&D is made from petroleum, and if it is on his face he will eat it.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I gave my daughter infants tylenol and baby orajel...she didn't have a rash though..
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 9:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2009