military wives, question for you or whoever might know

my "husband" and i are not getting along great right now. anyway his ets date was supposed to be in a couple of weeks and our id's expire that day, so we have an appointment to go and update it since he's staying in longer. my question is, can't he go and update this by himself and if i want a new id i can get it later? im not worried about my id, im worried about my benefits since we have a baby due in january. but i figure if he goes to this appointment and lets them know he'll be in longer, then the hospitals/insurance/doctors will be able to see that our benefits have been extended. i just don't want to go with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• When your husband goes to renew he's id card he can fill out the paperwork for your id card. You have 30 days from the time he fills out the paperwork to get a new id card.
    oragami

Answer by oragami at 8:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• usually, if he is not deployed they do require him to be there. you could call and ask them.
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 7:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• can't he go and update this by himself

- nope you have to be there to be a new picture ID too. This ID you have to show for everything as you well know; they check for expiration date. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2009