Has anyone ever done jumping jacks to help move labor along?? Heard about it from a friend, but wasn't sure....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not in the medical field, but I think jumping jacks would put a lot of extra stress on the organs in the abdomen and uterus area. They are already fighting against gravity and the weight of the baby and tissue, to slam them down even more sounds not so good to me. Besides, unless there is thinning out of tissues and dilation, slamming more weight down is not going to cause effacement or dilation, only adding extra pressure, on the urinary bladder, for example.

Answer by Bmat at 8:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• have you ever heard of getting the cord rapped around the babies neck from raising your hands over your head? I don't know how true all that could be...but i would say doing jumping jacks would do that..i would be scarred
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• just climb stairs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i don't think it would hurt but resting would probably be a better idea. ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• angryYeah go ahead see what happens.

DON'T DO IT THAT WAS SOME DUMB ADVICE, Do some simple walking and drink lots of water you can not rush a baby to get here the baby will be here when they are ready. I think your friend is probably just jealous of you. GL

Enjoy the moments that you are pregnant soon you will be thinking back on how you loved being pregnant.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2009