Would you feel awkward about this? (Calling a cousin u never talked to)

Feeling kind of guilty and awkward I have a male cousin whom I haven't talked to since the 80's it is one of those things where you just ask about a person and hear they are doing fine and go on with your life no one close to me but he is still my cousin and I am sure he remembers me as well. The other day I heard he was badly burned and is doing well my mom calls with his hospital room # I want to call but feeling weird about it, don't really know what to say other than how are you feeling...any suggestions?
Or should I just leave things the way they are and always have been and go from here? Thanks Ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I would call, being stuck in a hospital sucks and a nice call is always welcome!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Go ahead and call, just because you have grown apart doesn't mean you wont reconnect and it might make him feel better knowing you care. Just tell him you heard about his accident and wanted to call and let him know you are thinking of him and hope he is doing ok and go from there.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If he is burned badly he may be medicated or feel bad enough that he doesn't want to talk. I'd call the Nurse's station and ask them how he's doing and tell them to let him know I called. You can ask them if he seems to feel up to a call. If so I would call but keep the call short then I would send a card.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Call him.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• ya know idk I have a half sister I've only spoken with a couple times in my life other than that she's a total stranger so i know how akward that would be. He may think the only reason you came is because he got hurt which Idk how that would go..my grandma who knows my stepsister really well told me she jsut lost her house and is really sick but Idk what to even say or do if I did call I think she as well as myself prefers it to be the way it is now it's just too akward for us...But it's up to you
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2009