What do you do for your dh to show him how appreciative you are of him? (Besides SEX...lol)

I am feeling bad for my dh he has been working long hours for a month now lots of O/T I am very thankful to our Lord that this is all happening but...What can I do to comfort him and show my appreciation he really is a very good man, husband, father and friend. I mean he has his moments but he is a really cool guy :)
I just feeling guilty I guess bc he is out there in this cold, wet weather while I am here as SAHM in our home. (I babysit on the side) our kids are in school.
It's not like I can go anywhere for now until the kids I babysit get picked up by that time my dh should b coming home. God I love him so much. What else can I do besides doing him...lol (He says he'll be happy with that...LOL)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I tell him "THANK YOU" a lot for taking care of us. I buy him little things. Sounds funny but if I am out and bring home candy or doughnuts for our kids, I will get him one too. Buy him clothes if I see certain things on sale. A husband that is a good husband and father deserves to be appreciated. I hug him in the bed and tell him I LOVE HIM all the time without sex. Having a good husband is the best.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I know you want other ideas, but sex means more to men than it does to us- so whatever you do, include a good sac session to go with.

Make him his favorite foods. When my DH has a particularly tough week I make him his favorite- sausage and spinach pie (this thing is like a heart attack in a dish), and carve things like "I love you" "You're the best" "Thank You" in the top of it. The first time I did that for him, he nearly teared up and told me it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for him (like marrying him, doing his laundry/cleaning/cooking etc day in day out, and bearing his children are nothing, LOL).

The way to a mans heart really can be through his stomach.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Cook his favorite meal, or favorite treat. I just sent him an e-mail. I've been really cranky with PMS the last couple of days, and had a little bout of insecurity that came out on him, and he just rolled with all of it, so I sent him an e-mail telling him how good he is to me, how much I love him and thanking him for putting up with me and all my craziness. But, with men, sex is always a good way to go. They tend to equate sex with love, appreciation, and anything and everything else. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Make sure you tell him. Leave a little note for him sometimes. Troy leaves me little "I love you" cards by the coffee or on my dashboard. Even something as simple as a post-it note in his shoe or coffee cup can mean a lot. Send him a little email. Stuff like that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I make my special lunches, things I know he really likes rather than just a plain ham and American cheese sandwich. I bake his favorite treats, make a special dinner for him, send love notes in his lunch, etc.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I TELL him :) I pick him up his fav. candy while I'm at the store. I clean the house so its spotless when he gets home from work. I let him take a nap :P haha. I write an "I love you" and kiss it with bright red lipstick and leave it on his car to find while he is at work. I have dinner ready when he gets home. lalalaaaa
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i like the idea of making something like cookies or bars, if he doesnt have a favorite maybe just a gift card to his coffee shop or a small cafe/shop like that. i was wondering the same thing so i had to click in here to see what others are saying, apparenly i dont show a whole lot of gratitude while our house is in the process of remodeing so i told him i think he was actually saying "i dont give him a whole lot of sex" well turns out, it wasnt about the sex...he really was wondering why i dont show it.

think of what his favorite thing is and go small from there.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2009