what would you do?

I am so mad at my childs pre k teacher/school. We don't eat pork because our religion and the school knows that they have it posted in her class room and everything well they gave it to her a couple of times and I just kept reminding them WE DON"T EAT PORK well yesterday I got fed up with it b/c my child said they served it to her but she didn't eat it (they are suppose to give her something in the place of the pork) So I told the director that it happened again (that was yesterday) So I go in today and both her teachers are on me saying it is my 4 year olds responsibility to know not to eat pork I told her teacher "how is she suppose to know if the meat is pork, beef, turkey, etc." she just kept saying that she can't keep up with 20 diff kids and what they can and can't have (only 4 kids can't have stuff) what would yall do Your not allowed to take lunch to but they can serve her stuff she can't eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well...i would ask for the weeks menu and tell them on the pork days you WILL pack her lunch and its just gonna be tuff shit
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I would be upset with the teacher, I think this shouldn't be too hard to handle. If they had a child with a peanut allergy she would pay more attention to the child making sure because it could cause the child harm, but because she feels it doesn't hurt it's not important to her I'd be really upset, I'd go to the principal then higher up until this is taken care of.Good Luck
    jgal29

Answer by jgal29 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• How hard is that to handle? For crying out loud that's insane! Have it out with the teacher. My son can't have citrus...something very uncommon...and they've been very good about remembering that.

What if it was an allergy?! Seriously....change her records to show she's ALLERGIC to pork!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• We don't allow milk and meat together as well as no pork. I told the school that in no uncertain terms that if they continued to give my children those items I was sending lunch or they could lose my business. Not only did I pack their lunches, but the fools changed no milk and meat on each chart to allergic to milk. So then my kids couldn't have a cup of milk if they wanted (I always packed a dairy lunch so mixing wasn't an issue.) I also sent special snacks for when the school snacks contained things like gelatin.

I would say due to the school's inability to respect a simple religious preference, you will be sending lunches from now on. Seriously, it isn't too difficult, they are just being lazy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If she can't keep track of 20 kids & what they can and can't eat (UM, WTH ABOT FOOD ALLERGIES THAT CAN POTENTIALLY KILL A CHILD?) then I seriously doubt that they are fully capable of providing the appropriate care in general. They had the nerve to tell you that you FOUR YEAR OLD is responsible for what you are PAYING them to do?
    If you can, find a new daycare. Dietary restrictions are par for the course, if they can't handle it, BYE. If you can't tak her out make it very clear that if they are SO set on upholding their OWN policy on outside food being sent for lunch (& most daycares have that policy to avoid any issues with poor food handling, to cover their asses, & avoid a lawsuit) then you fully expect them to provide a pork free lunch for your child.

I DON'T CARE (cont)
    I don;t care if the have to go out and buy her, her own special lunch from the local deli, DON'T SERVE HER
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If they don't want the responsibilty of providing the lunch that they are be PAID to provide then you WILL in NO uncertain terms be providing your DD with an appropriate lunch.

I LOVE PORK in every form, but the way they handled that even pissed me off.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• They'd be singing a different tune if your daughter ended up going into anaphylactic shock if it was a pork ALLERGY-so WHY the eff are they disrespecting your religious practices? Threaten to sic the ACLU on them if they do it one more time.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 2:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009