what would you do?

I am so mad at my childs pre k teacher/school. We don't eat pork because our religion and the school knows that they have it posted in her class room and everything well they gave it to her a couple of times and I just kept reminding them WE DON"T EAT PORK well yesterday I got fed up with it b/c my child said they served it to her but she didn't eat it (they are suppose to give her something in the place of the pork) So I told the director that it happened again (that was yesterday) So I go in today and both her teachers are on me saying it is my 4 year olds responsibility to know not to eat pork I told her teacher "how is she suppose to know if the meat is pork, beef, turkey, etc." she just kept saying that she can't keep up with 20 diff kids and what they can and can't have (only 4 kids can't have stuff) what would yall do Your not allowed to take lunch to but they can serve her stuff she can't eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Have you considered switching schools? Maybe to one where you pack your kids food?

I worked in a preschool and while we served snacks, the parents provided the meals. Even with a room of 20kids, we were on top of the allergies and other restrictions- it was a priority. Everything was treated as a life-or-death allergy (some things were, some weren't), and, while I'm sure there was a mistake at some point or another with some child, I never witnessed it.

At very least, maybe you can provide an alternative meal to be kept for her in case of a "pork" day--- I know the nutrition isn't the best, but maybe a frozen dinner or something that will keep in a freezer/fridge until its needed.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Wow how could she say she can not keep up what if a child had a allergic reaction to peanut butter or something I would change schools asap make them sign a paper that they gave her foods you did not allow them to give her that way if they try and sue you or make you pay for 2 weeks after you pull her you have proof to back you up why you pulled her Good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• They can so keep up with 20 kids, especially considering that most of them probably do not have dietary restrictions, so it's more like remembering 2-3 things for certain kids. I would switch schools if possible. They are not even trying to work with you.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2009