Ear Piercing

NO BASHING!! I AM WANTING TO GET HER EARS PIERCED! She is 6 months old (4 months old corrected). I think Im ready now. However for you moms who have had there infants ears pierced: How long did the lobes stay red? She has her xmas pics on sunday and I dont want her ears to be red. I'm trying to descide if I should wait until after pics!

Thank you in advance!

momtopreemie521

Asked by momtopreemie521 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my babies ears pierced when she was 7 months old. She is 6 months or 4 months? Sorry I'm confused...you do need to wait till they reach 6 months old atleast and be sure she is upto date on her shots. To answer your question, the lobes do not stay red for very long. Maybe a day or two. The place where I went had two ladies at the same time do it. And she only cried for a minute. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My daughters ears stayed red for about an hour, it wasn't bad, just bring someone with you when you get it done, it's hard as a mom to watch her go through it.
    Bratch1707

Answer by Bratch1707 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• See where I got my daughters done she had to be two months, if shes under 6 months they will do one at a time, six they do them both.
    Bratch1707

Answer by Bratch1707 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i had my daughter done at 4 months they were only red for that day.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• why is it so important to get your baby's ears pierced at such a young age? Why not wait until they are old enough to make that decision?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Not long maybe for just that day depending on how often you keep them clean. But if you do this very soon your baby will be just fine for picture day.

I had my babygirl's ears pierced when she was 4 months she cried for alittle while but after everything is said and done both of you will be happy. this might sound tacky for some of you mom's but...then when she turned 4 yrs. old we went back and got her ears pierced again just like me :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• my dd was 3mts. she cry for like a munute. and then all done. they were red for like a few hrs thats all.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I don't think they stayed red but a few hours.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My daughter had hers late..when she was 8 months old...hers were red for only a few hours..she only cried for literally 1 minute..or untill the lady gave her a sucker!
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 10:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• It wont hurt to wait a little longer since ear piercing is not important
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2009