how can i stop help my baby from hiccups

coolmom2001

Asked by coolmom2001 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told by my doctors that feeding them can stop hiccups.. its not really a big issue..
    vc_green87

Answer by vc_green87 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Understanding Baby Hiccups
    Hiccups will pass, and tricks will not usually work to make them go away. If you still have concerns about your baby, ask her pediatrician. ...
    www.babyzone.com/askanexpert/answer.asp?qid=30358 -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Isn't it frustrating when your little one doesn't conform to the books that tell you hiccups aren't a problem, that they don't actually bother the baby?
    I knew my DD HATED the hiccups before she was even born. Once she arrived, she would scream and scream everytime she got them. Like you, I searched for something, ANYTHING, that would ease her torment - while hating every book or person who told me not to worry about it.
    Try Gripe Water. That's what finally worked for us. We use Baby's Bliss but most brands have the same ingredients. You can find Gripe Water at many stores - Longs Drugs, Walmart, BabiesRUs, Amazon, colicshop.com.
    Good Luck!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Gripe water.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• sugar water
    fishersmom06

Answer by fishersmom06 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• my son is almost 5 months old and he gets them all the time if its not time for him to eat...i usally just put a few onces of water or watered down juice in a bottle and give it to him only until they go away it has yet not to work for me
    ryansmommyxoxo

Answer by ryansmommyxoxo at 4:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

ryansmommyxoxo

• Nursing or Gripe water.
    mbmom1

Answer by mbmom1 at 4:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My momma always dipped her finger or paci in water than dipped it in sugar.I don't know why it works,it amazes my husband.But it works every time with my three babies.
    goodvibes

Answer by goodvibes at 3:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2008