how can I get my 4 month old to do tummy time?

I'm a 1st time mom and my 4 mo old daughter hates tummy time. She will not go on her stomach for 2 seconds without screaming her lungs out!! I don't know if its because her reflux and it hurts being on her tummy, but if so how else can i get her to develop those muscles?

gemini5278

Asked by gemini5278 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never really put my kids on their tummies. They all turned out fine. If she doesn't like it, don't do it. It is unnecessary.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:08 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• U can try propping a pillow under her so she does fill like she is on her tummy. The floor my be to hard. They like for them to have tummy time but its not to much of a big deal my daughter loved tummy time but my niece hated it she learned how to crawl at 10 mths and walked at almost 15 mths. If she dosnt like her tummy I would force it on her she will still learn everything she may just do a little bit later then most kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Mine hated it too. So I stopped. He never crawled but walked early.

He DID get tummy time when he was tummy to tummy with ME. But never on the floor. Wasn't worth the screaming.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• have you tried a boppy pillow? they can be expensive but i got mine at a consignment store in great condition for pretty cheap. my sister has the same problem with her 5 month old and the bad thing is that his head is really flat now. gl!
    Anonymous

• My kids all crawled at the appropriate time (8-9 months) without any tummy time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2009