Grandfather of Global Warming has Denounced the Copenhagen Summit on Climate Change as a Farce?

Do you think Obama should still attend?

James Hansen, the director of Nasa’s Goddard Insitute for Space Studies, told The Times that he planned to boycott the UN conference because it was seeking a counter-productive agreement to limit emissions through a “cap and trade” system.
“They are selling indulgences there. The developed nations want to continue basically business as usual so they are expected to purchase indulgences to give some small amount of money to developing countries. They do that in the form of offsets and adaptation funds.” he said.
...“If they sign on to anything like they are talking about then it’s definitely counter-productive. Any time you start down that path, it’s time wasted. We would do better taking a year time-out and figuring out a better path.”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Will you send this article (that had to be retreived from a foreign newspaper, no less) to your elected officials?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• He is as crooked as his long time buddy Al Gore. He is doing damage control for climate gate.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• See Carpy, I agree with Nuclear Energy (See France)... I humans play a role. But I also think much of it is natural. I can see Nuclear power creating jobs, and helping the enviroment.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• grly
    I spent the night last night with hubby looking for a new job for him in the energy sector. There were about 3,000 jobs he could have looked at in all fields-coal,natural gas, hydro, wind and solar. When we went to the Fed.Govt website, every job opening was for NUCLEAR. Why does some things seem so obvious?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• "They are selling indulgences there."

I agree with this statement. Like I've said before, it's the equivalent of beating your dog while donating to the animal shelter. One does not negate the other.  Cap and Trade is a joke, and if this administration truly believed in climate change, they would agree.  Cap and Trade is a political move, not an environmental one. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I agree with nuke power too grly. Its the cleanest and most efficient.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• "I agree with nuke power too grly. Its the cleanest and most efficient."

But not the safest. Ask the folks of Chernobyl and Three Mile Island.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Someone should really Know Nuclear before they say No Nuclear.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I thought you were not in favor of Cap and Trade,Carpy? This guy Hansen doesn't like Cap and Trade,either. You should be a fan of his now. He agrees with you!!! Wow!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2009