Okay... who here is still eating left over turkey?

I gave mine to the dog finally. I only eat it the next day, but my husband will eat it until it has fuzz growing on it- sick.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We finished ours up Monday. Lots of turkey/bacon sandwiches....we LOVE turkey sammys. lol Altho, it will be ham for Christmas so I can do my black-eyed peas for goodluck on Jan. 1st.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• it's been sitting in our fridge for this whole time and all we've made is about two sandwhiches the next day. sad to waste it...
    maybe i'll get a smaller one next year...ugh!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I always seem to make tons more food than I should. I guess growing up in a family of obese people who had a smorgasbord for every single small event has damaged me!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• LOL...the fuzz part...lol

Well this is a very good question We ate turkey on Monday and little by little I too am giving it to my dogs they love it

OMG! My dh says we might have a turkey for X-mas oh god please no more...aarrgg!!!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Butterfly, we actually bought two turkeys and my husband was wanting me to cook one for Christmas as well, and I was like 'no way!' we are having HAM!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• O that is funny! When I saw this answer I clicked on it to answer because I was going to say that I just fed the rest of it to my dog last night!! As for having it again for Christmas, I can not go there! But if you are the note the one who has to cook it then let them eat their little turkey loving hearts out. Otherwise, ham it is! Or here in CA the traditional mexican cuisine: tamales! MMMM!!!
    ***NO MORE TURKEY!!!! *especially FUZZY turkey ~ LOL!!!!!***
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• we had 3 Thanksgivings...so we have left over turkey, ham, & turducken. and a TON of it b/c we are the "poor" young family so we get sent home w/ everything. our turkey is from the 14th so its prolly not any good (havent made a sandwich in weeks). im using the ham today in mac & cheese soup (so good!). i dont have a clue what to do w/ the turducken. the cajun in-laws made it & its way to spicy for our dog or a sandwich.

glad to know im not the only one w/ leftover issues!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• threw it out on the 1st
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Mmmmm.... Fuzzy Turkey! Sounds like the name of a new band - LOL!

DH will NOT eat leftovers of any kind - I guess he has had one too many Food Safety Classes! I ate one sammy the next day then pitched the rest....
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Its still taking up space in the fridge.I think I'm gonna go handle it now
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2009