Need braces as an adult...anyone with experience with Ameriplan Dental Insurance or something similar??

I am 32, and am going to need braces (NOT for cosmetic reasons). I still have two baby teeth b/c my permanent teeth are not where they're supposed to be. I'm about to lose one of these teeth, and I do NOT want a gap, nor do I want to deal with one of these rogue adult teeth trying to break through somewhere they're not supposed to be (that actually already happened with one of them).

My dental insurance does not cover orthodontics. I'm looking into orthodontic insurance, and was wondering if anyone has this? I'm not finding a whole lot by googling, other than Ameriplan...I'm not sure this is the best choice...I'm just looking for any help or advice from someone who has been here before?!?! Please help!

TwinMomma122304

Asked by TwinMomma122304 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Health

• Our dental plan covers 50% of initial eval except for photographs, then 50% of routine treatment follow up for orthodonti. My DH has United Concordia and mine is Ameritas. Ameritas sucks in comparison.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Can your ortho or DDS petition your dental plan and write it as medically necessary? Sometimes the doc can help push coverage through. They want your business afterall.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2009