Im 4 weeks late with 3 negative pregnancy test!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

I should have gotten a period around the 9th of november but never got one in the month of november at all. I took two at home test around the 9th but they were both negative. Last monday the 30th i went to a doctor and got another test which was also negative. Im going back this monday for another test. Could I be pregnant or is something wrong with me????

mansell_jessica

Asked by mansell_jessica at 11:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you have a low iron count? If so than maybe you skipped it this month because you dont have enough Iron. Are you on birth control or recently stopped. Other than those 2 reasons I cant think of anything else.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• This happened to me when I was younger. After running tests they found out that my hormone levels (specifically, prolactin) was high causing my body to think it was pregnant and also to mimic pregnancy (absence of period, tender breasts, etc). It can signal an often benign tumor on your pituatary gland and I had to have and MRI to rule it out. There was no tumor, so they put me on birth control pills for a year to straighten out my hormone levels. It evidently worked, haven't had problems since.
    Make sure they find out WHY you aren't having a period!

Answer by missanc at 11:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Lab tests can be wrong. It's always safest to eat and drink and live like you are pregnant until you know for sure.

My mom's tests didn't show up until 5 months with me, then 4 month with my sibs.

Diet and stress can cause missed periods. Some forms of BC can cause them.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2009