Does anyone know of any good sites to teach me how to crochet?

I want to make my sister's baby a blanket and don't want to waste a bunch of time searching...

Thanks :o)

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • Sights no but any craft store has some good books or try a looking up a crocheting guild, or finding a craft store they may know of someone who can teach you. Goo luck, it is tons of fun.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Wow I wish I knew!! My oldest DD learned so Fast! Our precious beloved auntie died! She made blankets for every person under the sun. She loved to crochet & knit!! She died and that was it! But my DD got a book! Took to it & I swear the talent's of her Great Auntie jumped into her!! My DD won't be having any natural children. Neither did her great Auntie that died! But she was the Best God mother & Auntie & Blanket maker!! I guess just one good ordinary book! Or learning from a loved one before its too late? I wish you the Luck! I couldn't learn if my heart depended on it! How my artist DD learned is nothing short of a miracle to us! But it can be done!! If you have the need, will and skill. Trust me you can learn too! I wish you the best of Luck!! Sorry I can't be more helpful!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:49 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• A couple of my sorority sisters and I all crocheted they had a book and taught me. They got the book at a Ben Franklin store.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• OK, I did this recently myself, for Girl Scouts. How could I teach the girls if I didn't know myself. You don't need a book. You need YouTube. If you search "How to crochet" (we did 'how to knit') you will find some awesome videos. You'll totally get it. Good luck, and how nice of you to do this for your sis.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yes, the expert village. :) You tube is great for those. It is very easy to do. IM me if you have questions.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 3:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Oh and if you chose one, choose to NOT do one with gaps as little itty bitty fingers and toes can get wrapped around with threads and it can cause serious problems. Do a solid crocheted fabric of single or double crochet. Probably with more than one thread together. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 3:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Thanks for all your help... I am hoping to check out youtube expert village soon and get started on it. I checked at the store and they had no books :(
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009