Im afraid to take this medicine.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety im 21 weeks pregnant and i have a 14 month old daughter, she doesnt sleep through the night so this is makin my anxiety worst, i am emotionally numbb. my dr prescribed me buspar. but i am so afraid to take this medicine. but i need it. is there something NATURAL and safe i could take to help this anxiety!??

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'd join the natural pregnancy group because there are some ladies in there with a lot of knowledge on stuff like that! sorry i can't be of much help. :) sorry your daughter doesn't sleep through the night. my son woke frequently through 17 months and then got MUCH better so i hope the same for your daughter!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• IDK, your doctor knows your PG, and I would rely on the fact that many women have taken it while pregnant, I am ALL for natural remedies, but not of this sort while you are with child, could you try some relaxation techniques? I wouldn't goof with anything other than what your doctor suggests right now, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• St. John's Wort is NOT safe for pregnancy. It is the herb most commonly given for mood problems.

Lemon balm or catnip tea both work well for anxiety. You can make up a huge pot of it and stick it in the fridge and drink it like iced tea.

Exercise is your best friend right now. Can you and DD take an exercise class together? Like a mommy and me swim class? Can you go for an after noon walk together or maybe an after dinner walk together?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2009