When do you get your appetite back? im almost 6 weeks prego and have no appetite. Is this normal and when do u get it back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it's normal. I didn't get mine back untill I was 8-9 weeks...I survived off crackers lol...a little yogurt but couldn't finish all of it...remember you have to eat though! congrats!!
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 12:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Don't worry babe, by your 3rd month, you won't be able to put the food down, lol. Suddenly, your appetite is gonna completely change, haha. Then you'll be wondering when you'll stop craving every single food someone mentions or that you can think of. I thought the craving stuff was a bunch of crap, but it wasn't, lol. I really did crave everything. It was weird too, bc as soon as I had the baby, the cravings stopped, and I didn't care much about food....luckily! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• yeah wait till around 14 weeks or so. then it will pick back up. i got luck and i looove foood this pregnnayc.since hte begining.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• It's normal, but make sure you're still eating even if your body doesn't tell you it is. Three solid meals a day.
    I lost my appitite again after the baby was born. I don't know if all women do, but I know I did with both pregnancies.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I didn't eat much my first 2 1/2 months of pregnancy then by the third month I couldn't eat enough. I think it really depends on the women but I was so nauseous that I didn't want to eat and nothing sounded good. but now I can't put food down and i'm 23 weeks now. :)
    navymommy86

Answer by navymommy86 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• lol I had no appetite the whole time. 

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I had to force down bland food the whole first trimester. Once I was in the second though I felt a lot better. That was when I started making up for lost time. lol
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• oh god, i thought i was living on ginger ale and crackers for the first few months of my pregnancy! i would take two or three bites of anything and be crazy full...don't worry, that will change. you'll be okay. just take your prenatals to make up for the nutrition you're missing out on until your appetite comes back!
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 2:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• well i'm 10-11 weeks and still no appetite... i feel like it will NEVER return :( i have read though that MOST women start feeling better by 13 weeks when the hormone levels start to go down at last. i hope i have some relief in the next couple of weeks but i know some women who feel lousy for months. i'm not like sammyjob though, i have no appetite for anything but i'm always hungry! but can't think of anything to eat that doesn't make me feel like i'm going to barf.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2009