Am I the only Pentecostal on here?

I have recently converted from Baptist to Pentecostal, and I was thrilled to find my pastor uploads his sermons to a website for our Church! What I have found to be so thrilling is that I have since moved to Kansas, then to Montana, and I miss our church!!!

Anyone need the word of God this morning?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 12:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've run in to a few on here... Keep looking. Check out some of the religiously based groups or search moms by religion... You'll find some.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I am Catholic but my MIL is Pentecostal. Can you explain that religion to me? She doesnt speak much English so I dont understand when she tries to explain it to me. Do you celebrate Christmas? They never cook dinner on Christmas. Just curious. Thanks
    Anonymous

• Yes they do celebrate Christmas.
    Anonymous

• Oh, shoot yeah! We LOOOOVE Christmas, and yes, gifts are good. Santa is not a demon, either.

Here, click this link, it's a site for our church, and a specific area devoted to "What We Believe"

http://www.harvestnorman.com/node/3
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yes -they celebrate Christmas. They speak in tongues, and believe in divine healing...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• there are a few groups on cafe mom for pentecostal moms, I'm sure that would be a good place to find other pentecostal moms online:

Pentecostal moms on fire

Uncompromised pentecostal moms

Anonymous

• thanks, anon!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• define Pentecostal... :-) There are different flavors. You have the UPC then you have those that are Charismatic/Pentecostal which I am .
    The UPC is more legalistic/relgious/ law bound. The church I go to is not. We have uploaded messages as well. Its awesome since I cannot attend every week like I wish I could!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• HABIBILA GOATAYADAYADAYA
    I just said a prayer for you sister
    Anonymous

• I have 2 Apostolic/Pentecostal groups here on cafemom. and have taken over several others because the owner either is no longer on cafemom or left the group unactive for a long time. We are Oneness(not trinitarian) and although I'm UPC and do believe in holiness standards,I do not allow those kinds of discussions in my groups because I understand some Pentecostals do not believe the same and I do not like debating so feel free to join us ladies,we do have a GREAT group of ladies that are there to encourage support pray and be your friend.Just click on my profile(group profile) and you will find group links on profile page.
    ApostolicsRUs

Answer by ApostolicsRUs at 1:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2010