Do you think some books and websites should be banned?

Do you think that some books and websites should be banned? There are easily obtained resources out there on how to make meth, grow marijuana, make bombs, how to kill people, etc. One example: The Anarchist Cookbook.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Who would regulate the websites? That would mean there would have to be world domination by some person/agency/govt.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• No, I don't think those things should be banned, because then what is next? Movies, music and news? Just like any other "tool" if used improperly it can turn into a weapon against us. If they become banned, they will never cease to exsist, they will just be highly hidden. I understand why would you want those things banned, but I would be concerned with what else would go under that heading as a censored title.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Only if I was the grand ruler in charge of what was and wasn't banned in the world. Anyone else wouldn't be trustworthy.
    Anonymous

• No, simply because of the issue of who would decide what gets banned...and what criteria would be used. What would stop this person or entity from banning classic books like Tom Sawyer, The Scarlet Letter, Catcher in the Rye? Where would the line be drawn? Do you really want to live in a society that would put such limits on intellectual property and knowledge? I wouldn't.
    Anonymous

• Why? Because someone doesn't approve of them? The what's next after that? Freedom of speech is freedom of speech....sorry if you don't like that.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• NO never!! we start we these books than they will go after our Bibles, History books.

Banning books will always be wrong.

Education is the only way to keep you from doing what is wrong.

Some people will always do what they want to do, it is human nature. And banning things will not keep them safe.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• NO. Just because they got taken off the internet -doesn't mean they won't find the info somewehre else...and what about TV they tell how people did or made or got away with stuff all the time!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• No. Never.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 12:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• seriously? nope, I dont believe in banning anything like that
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 12:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I have a copy of the cookbook. That doesn't mean I'm blowing things up. I just like to read. When we start banning books, that is bad. Dictatorship much?
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2009