Do your kids believe in Santa?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have no clue, but I don't like the idea of building "santa " up in thier minds, just to find out later, he's not real.......
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yes.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• my kids did believe in Santa, tooth fairy and the fun things kids should have in their lives. As they got older and started get more aware than I told them that I haven't ever seen Santa, But I think we all become a Santa when we buy gifts and put under the tree for the people we love. Santa is in the spirit of Christmas and we keep in our hearts.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I never told my kids there was a santa, but they picked up it from school, friends, etc.... This morning my son who is 6 asked me if santa was real. I asked him what he thought. He said he thinks it might not be real and that me and daddy are santa, but he wasn't sure where the kids who live in orphanages (don't know where that came from) get there gifts so he might be real. So I just told him that whatever he truely believed was probably right.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 12:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Sandypops what do you mean santa isn't real? *crying hysterically* lol jk. I'm with you on this one. My son is too little. I want him to believe and have hope. But I don't want him to build up the idea of santa just so he can be crushed later down the road when he finds out santa isn't real. Seems kind of cruel to me. I don't think we're going to say anything to him about santa and then when he starts hearing about him from kids at school or whereever we're just going to tell him the truth. Same goes with the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy etc etc...
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• yes, they believe. I did growing up and it didn't crush me or anything when I found out the truth. In fact, it made me think more of my parents that they could buy me all these really cool things and then let someone else take the credit just to give me a little "magic"

Answer by missanc at 12:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• How many of you mommies believed in Santa when you were small? How "crushed" were you when you realized he wasn't a flesh & blood fat man that came down the chimney? Most normal kids learn how to handle the fact that the myth and legend is largely quite a lot less than factual, but the idea of love and giving remains. Most kids handle it with no ill effects. I think kids need to be allowed to believe in the magic as long as possible. The real world teaches them the ugly truths of life soon enough.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2009