thrush IN a milk duct?

I have thrush and am treating it with dd nystatin. I'm also eating a lot of yogurt. I don't have insurance and I don't have money to go to a doctor so I can't be 100% sure but I think I have yeast IN a milk duct. How can I treat that? I bought gentian violet but found out I can't use it cause its 2% solution and right at this moment I can't afford to go get anything else... So what can I do about this?

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pro-biotics and grapefruit seed extract, both taken orally. Avoid sugar and white carbs (prob why the yogurt isn't helping).
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Get the cream for athlete's foot & rub it on your nipples - just make sure you wash it off thoroughly before feeding (I waited12hrs before washing it off & using that breast for feeding just to be sure). It helped & the next day I felt so much better!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Well the yeast that was in the duct swelled while I was in the shower so I picked it and pulled it out. That left a hole so I put the nystatin in it. I hope that helps!!! Otherwise I will have to try both your advice. Thanks ladies!!
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2009