If it was YOUR husband, would you have gone or stayed home? (please read description)

One of my closest friends had a baby shower recently and invited me and my kid. It was on a day my hubby was working (he works weekends sometimes) so I'd have had to go alone. It was like he was trying to get rid of me, cause when I said I didn't want to go without him (the shower was in a town a few hours away), he'd usually tell me he'd hate that I'm gone and he'd miss me, doesn't want me to go, etc. But instead, he tells me to go, stay the night, I need a break. But he'd be the one getting the break, I'd still have to do my mom duties. I just got a bad vibe from him acting so different and telling me to stay the night, so I sacrificed seeing my friend and being part of her special day. It just seemed like he had 'other' ideas and didn't want me to go just so I could see my friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If this was out of the ordinary, It would raise my suspicions too. I wouldn't go.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i would've went but then again i trust my dh 100%
    Anonymous

• I act on those sort of feelings when they happen, weather or not they turn anything up is a different story :)
    Anonymous

• Op here. I didn't say I don't trust my hubby, I just didn't like how he was acting and it rubbed me the wrong way.
    Anonymous

• Op again. Exactly, Jademom. It was definitely out of the ordinary! Thank you for understanding that. :)
    Anonymous

• maybe he didn't want to go hang out with a bunch of women and thought you would have more fun without him there?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I would have gone. I trust my dh, even if he's acting out of the ordinary

Answer by missanc at 12:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Well, maybe he was just thinkingg you'd like extra time with your friend ssince she does live so far away and since he couldn't get off off work, he wanted you tto go anyway. If you felt suspicious then that's an issue in your marriage you need to work on.
    Anonymous

• yeah im sure you do trust your hubby but you asked "if this was YOUR husband...." so we are just answering as if this was our hubbys...i was just about to say that i trust my hubby too.

Anonymous

• I agree that you should have your guard up but did anything come of it? Was he hiding something? How did he react when you told him you were staying home?
    My Hubby's gone for work 4-6 weeks at a time working.. I'm so thankful we have a very strong bond and trust between us..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2009