have any of you moms ever felt like you didn't get ur money's worth on a toy for your child??

there are so many cool "looking" toys out there but I recently for my 7 yr old sons bday bought the talking transformer optimus prime for $35 at walmart and he played with it all but 20 minutes and hasn't touched it since. I mean is it really that boring?? He's really into superhero's and stuff and this is what he asked for but it's bored him to death..I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've been thru this toys aren't what they seem... he only says 2 different phrases and does nothing more if you try to transform him into the diesel he brakes at the knees ridiculous!! I've finally decided toys are a waste of skin and money anymore my kids have 3 closets full of toys and that's where they stay after being played with for 5 damn minutes...it's maddening cuz you spent so much money on the stupid toys only to be left and never touched again..it's like a stuffed animal for pete's sake! this year I've reconsidered cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This happens a lot to us. I never buy toys anymore. When my kids call me in to see a commercial I always tell them they look better on TV. I only will only buy action figures and dolls and plain cars. My kids don't play with the toys that make noise and light up.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• buying expensive toys on their wish lists. Mommy and daddy are thru with buying expensive toys that only get touched for 5 minutes we have closets full of cool toys my kids no longer have an interest in..I'm thinking maybe I'll get my kids more meaningful gifts this year instead of ones that just get tossed aside...
    Anonymous

• Of course, I am going through my son's things and they look new because he never played with them. Usually toys other people have bought him. I think that is why the basic toys are making a comeback. Legos ( basic ones not the expensive sets ) Lincoln Logs, Board games, Play-Doh, Hot Wheels, Tonka trucks, basic dolls, art supplies etc. When my kids were little I liked toys that made them use their imagination. Play kitchens, tool benches, doll houses etc. All the spiderman sets were a bust, they broke if you tried to play with them.
    Although I will say our money was well spent on all the Pixar toys we have purchased. My son got into Toy Story in 2000. When you could not find a Buzz Lightyear in the store. Found one on ebay from Japan that did everything! He was very much loved for many years, many wonderful memories. As did all the other Toy Story toys in his collection. Well worth it.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 1:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2009