what would you do if you really needed a nap and your kids were awake?

your kids are all under the age of 5. your super tired due to preggo. and need to lay down and or take a nap//what do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well I would first ask someone to babysit, if that didn't happen my house is pretty childprrof, so I would make sure we were all in one room, with doors closed and gates up and I would lay down and take a nap while they watched a movie.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• put them down in thier cribs, and put toys and a sippy cup in there with them for at least a 30 min quicky....be sure to set the alarm!!!!
    Anonymous

• Take a nap! Put on a movie first.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• to clarify, I would nap in the room where they are.
    Precious333

• yeah i would definately try to get someone to help out, if not i'd probably be out of luck
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 12:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I give them a snack, turn on sesame street (ondemand) and I go in the room with them, close the door and take a nap.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I do what I did this morning. Give her some juice, put Dora on and go take a nap. I know, bad parenting, but I'm not the only mother to ever do this!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• With my girls when I am sick and need to rest. I put on cartoons in the living room, make sure they have a snack and a full sippy, and my youngest has a clean diaper. Then I lay down on the couch in the living room. They will play with the toys in the living room watch cartoons, and let me rest. I don't really sleep, but it helps to lay down and close my eye for 30 min or so while they play. Also my oldest doesn't nap so during my youngest nap time, she has quiet time. She is to play in her room quietly for 1 hour. I take a nap then and sometimes she will crawl into bed with me and sleep, if I am lucky. Then we get up with the youngest.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• put a movie on and ahave the "mom nap" were you dose in and out of sleep its not quite sleeping but not quit payibng attention
    star_6_1

Answer by star_6_1 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Since I only have one this is pretty simple. I turn on Emeril (he hates Emeril, sorry lol) then I make him laydown with me. Emeril puts him to sleep in no time, and we get a nice nap. If emeril isnt on I have to put on something boring that he wont like, or else the movie gets him all hopped up and excited. Or I just snooze on the couch while he plays with his cars. Hes three and my house is pretty child proofed
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2009