Tiger Woods and Elin ? and other famous celebreties. Why do they stay after being cheated on. Do they really love them or money is the control?

I was cheated on few months ago. I stayed because I do LOVE my DH, we just had a baby and we trying everything to work it out. He stop drinking and we going to family counsling and he has one on one with a pshyciatrist. Well, my question here is why do others stay. I still wonder if I made the right choice of staying ? I still hurt because of betrayal, I still dont forget or forgive ?

I feel less of a woman for staying, but many say it makes me stronger. I dont know if that is right. I do wonder why the Famous stay they got looks, money and better ways out of a cheating relationship. Why wait for another betrayal or get hurt again. Maybe they do really love their husbands as I do mine?

I placed Tiger and Elin as example, but look at Kobe and his wife ( million dollar bracelet) Did he buy her to stay ?

Just been thinking and maybe input will clear my mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• love made u stay,,and ur child too,,its okay ,,u r smart and strong coz the wind didn't take u here and there,, somake sure to get use to ur husband and family,,and don't love him so much coz it will hurt more,, ,, god bless uuuuuu
    Anonymous

• So many men give "I'm sorry" trinkets to their wives. My x bought me a car, a house, lots of jewelry. I stayed for a while but then realized I didn't love him enough to stay so I left and gave back all the stuff he tried to buy me off with. Each item had a memory of a betrayal and I didn't want those negative memories. Some women accept that men stray so they stay and get on with life not willing to give up what they have materially. Some women stay to not let the other woman have him. Some women stay for show making the world think she's got things under control. Many women stay for various reasons and many of those reasons have nothing to do with love. I know many wives who have been cheated on love their husbands despite his betrayal so I give them their props but lots of women don't respect cheaters and no longer trust their man so they leave.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Have you seen that house? She could "stay" with him, live under the same roof, and NEVER have to look at each other again!

If it were me, and there were no pre-nup, I'd already be out the door & have a lawyer.

If it were me, and there WERE a pre-nup, I'd stay... on my side of the house... while rat-holing every dime I could & pawning all his golf clubs.... 'til I had "my half", THEN I'd be out the door.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Your husband cheating does not make you less of a woman in any way. He alone is responsible for the choices he made. We are all tempted at one time or another. I know I have been and I know any fleeting pleasure would be forever remembered by me as something awful I had done so I don't go beyond fantasy. Many people are not put together enough to understand the only ones they hurt in the end are themselves. It's a shame. I can't answer why people stay and I haven't been cheated on so I don't know. Everyone has their own reasons. It is horrible Elin was driven to violence over it but at least Tiger isn't dragging her through the mud. What she did isn't justifiable either but then again I probably don't understand what it's like.
    Anonymous