Tiger Woods and Elin ? and other famous celebreties. Why do they stay after being cheated on. Do they really love them or money is the control?

I was cheated on few months ago. I stayed because I do LOVE my DH, we just had a baby and we trying everything to work it out. He stop drinking and we going to family counsling and he has one on one with a pshyciatrist. Well, my question here is why do others stay. I still wonder if I made the right choice of staying ? I still hurt because of betrayal, I still dont forget or forgive ?

I feel less of a woman for staying, but many say it makes me stronger. I dont know if that is right. I do wonder why the Famous stay they got looks, money and better ways out of a cheating relationship. Why wait for another betrayal or get hurt again. Maybe they do really love their husbands as I do mine?

I placed Tiger and Elin as example, but look at Kobe and his wife ( million dollar bracelet) Did he buy her to stay ?

Just been thinking and maybe input will clear my mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Kobe Bryants wife was bought he all but admitted he attacked the woman when he apologized to her and paid her off. She has some fat cash and probably doesn't care what her rapist douche bag husband does as long as he pays the bills. I am sure Elin will do the same he probably got her the Kobe special from the jewelery store and gave her more of his millions so he could have the appearance of a perfect life.

I stayed with my husband after his affair. He came clean the day after he had the one night stand. It was private and between us through. We went to therapy and it was very difficult for a long time. It did make us stronger. I am not sure had everyone known about it I could have stayed. The fact it was just between us and we got through it together that made things better. We are going on 30 years of marriage and that happened our 4th year of marriage. You have to be willing to forgive and he has to change.
    Anonymous

• I would say for the money. Remember Koby Brant's wife, she stuck it out even after he was acused of rape. However in a divorce they would still get millions but I guess it's not enough.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 1:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• That's funny, I was thinking of Bryant and his wife as soon as I read the title to this post. The money and status is why I think they stay. I sure as hell wouldn't but for some I guess jewelry is compensation for being married to a cheater and being humiliated in front of the world.
    Anonymous

• I wonder more why we don't leave those matters for the families to handle privately. I hate to see this stuff all over the news.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I agree that it should be kept private. The Media seems to be really tacky and tasteless in their reporting the last 10 years or so. In the past, they had a sense of appropriateness....in other,words, lets not lower ourselves to report personal business. But we don't know what Tiger's wife is doing. Maybe she is seeing a Lawyer right now!!! He cheated on her with more than one woman. I would kick him out. I would NOT stay for the money. If she does stay for the money, that is being rather greedy.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Agree with mamakirs..good grief how about the lame stream media reporting on something that concerns us all like this climategate mess
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I just got a damn 'breaking news' report on my cell telling me that Tiger Woods was snoring after the wreck......LOL wth? and that is so damn important to anyone WHY?

we get a whole play by play of this crap that means nothing
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Not that it's any of our business how Tiger and Elin deal with their private matters, but it's possible that to them, marriage is more than a piece of paper. Marriage is about taking the good with the bad. It seems like they've dealt with it, and decided to work it out. Good for them.

I think the reason there are so many divorces is that the husband and wife are not willing to deal with their problems. They are too quick to throw in the towel. JMO
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If marriage actually mattered to these men and women who cheat, they would not cheat to begin with. It's no shame to say you won't be treated like an idiot and completely embarassed because your spouse can't keep their pants on. This is in the media spotlight because he is famous. I haven't kept up with it since it started, only what I've read on here, and again if he were an adult none of this would be happening. The blame falls on him, not reporters.
    Anonymous

• oh bs anon. the media needs to butt out of people's lives.
    Anonymous