Anyone else's MIL put on a show?

My MIL can be so fake. I could go on and on about her.

She has said to my 6 yr old nephew, "Come up here and sit on Mama's lap."

My nephew's BM left him with his BD- Brandon, and Brandon married Mandi when my nephew was 18mos. His BM has not been a part of his life and he wouldnt recognize his BM if he saw her. Over xmas break, my MIL, Brandon's mom, and HER mom, Brandon's gma kept referring my nephew to Mandi by her name instead of by Mom. "Go ask Miss Mandi."

They also have 4 younger girls, who obviously, they would call out and say, "Go ask Momma."

I don't understand.

What's your MIL's deal?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 1:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that sounds confusing lol...but maybe i just need to re-read it. sounds like the words that come out of her mouth are on purpose and she trys to get pple mad?

the only thing i can think of is...there's alot of stuff she does that drives me nuts but the "show" part would be that when she's mad about something, she will throw stuff to make a loud BANG! not making her house a mess (god forbid) but when she's picking up toys or something...she will throw them in the bucket or even slam a door.

now i know this shouldnt bug me but i grew up with a step father who threw plates on the floor and smashed them when he woke up crabby, he would punch holes in the wall, he would break things intentionally and make sure everyone knew. i lived in fear alot.

so when my MIL does it, and makes sure everyone knows, its a little frightening!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I don't have a MIL, anymore. She was pretty cool, but liked to think that they shouldn't have to do anything to come see us, we always went to see her.
    Anyway, My youngest's other grandmother is a horrible person. Have you ever met someone who experienced so much evil that they have become evil themselves? Noramlly, I don't look at people that way, being evil, but this woman is soooooo, ugh. I used to feel bad for her, given what happened to her while she was growing up, but I came to realize that she never wanted a good, normal life after that. She could get into therapy and try to start building a good set of coping mechanisms, but all she wants is heavy meds and for people to feel sorry for her. Plus, she says and does the most hurtful things and doesn't even feel bad for it. SHe forces her husband to do all the houseowrk and cooking, on top of working 16 hour days to support her and their youngest son (continued)
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 1:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• (con from prev) Whom she practically ruined. The poor guy has some issues, bipolar and adhd being the main ones. It was also suggested by doctors while he was growing up that he may have asperger's, but his mother refused any tests, saying she didn't want to "label" him. She pulled him out of school when he was 17 and kept him home, he has never graduated and he is 25. Instead of helping him to be able to function in the real world, she has made him a homebody. He can't even drive, so what is going to happen to him when his parents pass on? it's a very real possibility that they may not last much longer, his dad has emphysema, and won't quit smoking and his mom is falling apart because of all the meds and problems she doesn't want to fix (because if they get fixed, no one will feel sorry for her anymore). Her own daughters want nothing to do with her anymore, and i don't blame them.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 2:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Could you clarify your question?
    skylarjade

Answer by skylarjade at 2:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• wow TempestRayne, your story fasinates me. seriously.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My MIL taught my son to call her mom during an overnight visit and was p.o'd when I corrected him so he didn't do it again, constantly questions my decisions and tries to tell me what to feed my kids, calls my DH every day with some new "problem", typcially a made up one, that they are having that only he can solve. This has even gone so far as her telling my DH lies about what his sister's boyfriends have supposedly done to her to incite DH to beat them up. I'm not joking. I told him if he actually ever followed through, I wouldn't get him out of jail and would likely move out. She has him doing chores around her house and to their vehicles that her husband should be doing. She calls to say she got our kids something then when we get there says they didn't get them anything, that they never said they did and that all the old toys are in the closet. Just thinking about her makes me so tense I feel sick.
    Anonymous

• When my MIL was alive, she was a sweet person who would never put on a show. The only relative on either side of the family who would "put on a show" was my former daughter in law and/or her Mother. They are big fakes. ANd that's why my son divorced her. (Lying,cheating,being a fake,etc. )
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2009