• In the Spotlight:

When you were pregnant, or if you are now, does just hearing a word send you into a craving?

For some reason in this pregnancy (my 3rd) hearing, reading or seeing the word snow makes me want to eat it. I kinda worried at first I had pica lol but I've been taking my vitamins n stuff. I just long for that frozen, cold crunch in my mouth! I know not to eat ice though because last time it made my iron drop really low.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I guess that craving snow is better than some other things. I remember filling out a form w/ all 3 of my last preg. that asked if I had ever craved, paint chips, soap, laundry detergent, glue, etc........ I was thinking to myself as I filled it out, "duh, doesn't everyone crave ice cream w/ paint chips, and a drizzle of glue??" lol. Do women actually crave that kind of stuff? I thought pickles and icecream were bad. lol
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• that is odd lol, but i understand what your saying, im 26 weeks along and sometimes if i see green i want brocoli and cheese,, i know odd!
    Anonymous

• I've heard of eating ice BECAUSE you have an iron deficiency but never that it caused it. I don't believe it would cause it cause you might as well be drinking water.
    yes. words send me into a craving...like chewy..
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• lol that's what i meant sandypops. i had low iron going in to that pregnancy and my ob warned me not to eat it but i didn't listen and it made it go lower. i craved ice like mad during that pregnancy! i had ice eating down to a science lol
    Anonymous

• eating ice made it go lower? weird
    Anonymous