Low blood pressure

This may sound dumb but I've been worried about my low blood pressure readings at my ob's lately. I brought it up to her but she says my readings are great and not to worry. But sometimes I have weird side effects, like in the morning between 8-10 am (even after I've had breakfast and drank a glass or 2 of water) I'll get really tired like I'm having a coffee crash. Then suddenly I'll feel ok again, I'm thinking I might have low blood sugar too. Sometimes if I'm talking really fast without breathing I'll feel my heart like skip a beat or stop for a second and it freaks me out. When my BP was taken at the office the other day it was 110/60 and I was really anxious (I get anxious whenever it's taken because in my 1st pg I had the extreme opposite BP), so that's a pretty low reading for being so nervous. Plus, I have to get a cesarean and last time my BP went dangerously low during the c/s when it was elevated going in! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had low blood pressure all my life. My mother has it, grandfather, brother... We're talking WEIRD low and it only got lower when I was pregnant. But while I've always gotten a sound of surprise over the low number, no one's ever been worried about it. I do get tired randomly, and sometimes dizzy out of nowhere but nothing that causes anyone concern. If it were such a low number that you were soon to be on your death bed, someone would surely mention it to you. Especially now that you're pregnant and constantly in the doctor's office. Take a deep breath, you'll be okay :)

Now low blood sugar is something entirely different, but all you need to clear that up is a simple blood test.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 2:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i think if your OB is not concerned about the blood pressure you shouldn't be either. the symptoms you described sound to me like they could be just pregnancy symtoms. you didn't say how many weeks you are or anything... i would tell the OB about it and tell him your concerns about blood pressure and blood sugar and see what he says. i would also avoid surgery if at all possible. epidural can also screw with blood pressure so look into have a natural birth. that might ease your mind. is there a reason you *have* to have a c-section? gl!
    Anonymous

• Whats wrong with that blood pressure? Mine always runs between 100-110/55-65
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• yes, there is a reason i *have* to have another c-section. didnt wait long enough to get pregnant after the other csection so my ob wont approve a vbac. she explained too that the epidural controls bp but im not going to miss the birth of my baby by being under general anesthesia so i have to get either that or the spinal. i think my biggest fear is it dropping as low as it did during my last c-section, like 80/30. no one ever showed any concern though so i guess it was still ok.
    Anonymous