i dont know how i feel about this

Dd is 4 months old and she hasn't wanted to take a bottle while tired in about 2.5 months maybe even closer to 3 months. Well today I had just put nystatin on and didn't want to have to put on more so I defrosted some expressed milk (I thought I was gonna waste it but didn't care cause its almost garbage anyway) she not only took it, she fell asleep on it. On the one hand I feel so proud that she's taking a bottle again but on the other hand I don't want to loose my special connection with her. Dh wants to have mil take her for a night (well both kids really) but I'm just not ready so I'm debating about telling him. I hate keeping things from him but that's been my excuse on why she couldn't go. He refuses to let her get hungry enough to take a bottle, so until she can take a bottle when she's tired she can't spend the night away from me. Well now she is and I'm just not ready!

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your relationship with your husband is very important! If you are not ready to spend the night away, why not have Grandma come to your house so you can go out for the evening and then come sleep at home.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't be ready either, and I wouldn't risk my supply and baby going the other way and refusing the breast when you get her back.

Tell DH to wait until she's old enough to do without you at night... this might not be for another year or two, but the time will fly. Wait until she'll actually have fun at grandmas.

LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If your DD is only four months old then your expressed milk should still be good. It can be frozen for 5 months.

That aside. Not want to leave your baby yet is normal! My son was over a year old before I left him for a full night and my daughter was almost 18 months. don't let him rush you but don't feel guilty about it either... If she is taking a bottle then she will be fine and she will never lose her connection with you. Your her mom. you have that special mommy smell. :0) Nothing wrong with all of you staying at G-ma's so you can have a really late night!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I can leave my 10 week old for a few hours while I work, but I would NEVER leave her over night. First, because I don't want too and Second I would be so engorged I would be in pain.

And I know that everyone and their sister wants to feed a breastfed baby. I've had to put my foot down a few times. People don't seem to understand that when a baby doesn't feed YOU feel the effects. They seem to have this idea that a bottle is the only way they can interact! Drives me batty. Our baby only gets the bottle when I'm at work (I work 4 hours three days a week) and NEVER when I'm home or even when I think I'm going to have my brains sucked out during a growth spurt.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2009