I wish I was better at being a mom.

I wish I could make myself get up at the crack of dawn, make a fabulous breakfast, get my son off to school. Clean house all day, get all the housework down and the laundry folded. I want to ge able to get all my homework done too and make a big beautiful dinner get the kids bathed teach them a lot of stuff and get the off to bed. I'm just not super mom. Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In my opinion, being a mom, pretty much means, that no matter how much you do, or what you do, you're always gonna wish you could do more. There are women out there, that truly shouldn't even be a mom, and yet are, they do nothing w/ or for their children, and are usually abusive, if not physically, then verbally or emotionally. Do you think these mom's lose much sleep over the way they "mother" their children? Prob. not. The fact that you do what you can, and have the desire to do more is the true meaning of being a good mom. Hey, we can't all be Kelly Rippa, now can we? lol.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 3:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i think only June Cleaver was like that, lol. but in real life it just doesnt always work out that way. I'm sure you're a great mom. sometimes there just arent that many hours in the day for us to do all those things. dont worry so much, your babies love you even if the house is a mess.
    Anonymous

• I think its not always realistic. I do the very best I can, I used to LOVE to sleep in and Nap,. I have a son who is 2 and wakes up at 5 - so I make eggs and sausage or pancakes, we play, then I shower get us both ready for school, work, then bath at night, play time, flashcards, I make HIM dinner or us most of the time - we all do what we can. My son doesn't play independently, no matter what I've tried so he does get all of me.. do your best mommy, I am sure you are doing better than you give yourself credit for!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I'm right there with you! It would be nice to have all the energy and time to do all of that, but instead of worrying about what we can't do, we should focus on what we do do! (Haha I said do-do, real mature I know!!!) lmao
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Every day I try to think of one thing that I could do differently. I let my 2 year old son watch a bit of TV (2-3 hours a day). Each night I forgive myself, and tell myself that tomorrow I will play with him for 15 more minutes rather than rely on the 'ole boob tube. As for cooking dinner- I am up to 3 homemade meals each week. I will hpope to eventually get up to 4... then 5... then 6...
    Maybe I'll do better tomorrow:)
    Anonymous

• I wish I was like that too. I think that is how dh thinks his mom was in his memories and expects it of me at times. But then I remind him this his mom never had 3 kids under 3 to take care of, lol. One thing that has helped me lately is flylady.com It has helped me stay on task better and even though I am still not super mom, I feel better about my house and how it is running.
    Anonymous

• I wish I had the energy! I want to, I just get too tired to get it all done. I think the supermoms are all on crack..lol. My friend was telling me that in our parents generation, a lot of women took "white cross pills" to be the super housekeepers. Remember those? They were amphetamines sold out of the back of magazines! I remmeber the ads in the 80's! LOL
    Anonymous

• Yeah. Right. My DD is 7 months old, I work full time and have a DH - it is all I can do to keep the dirty dished in the DW and get us out of the house in the morning!!

Your post sounded like a perfect FANTASy!! LOL! I wish!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If I can get the laundry out of the washer and into the dryer before it gets musty it is a miracle:)
    Anonymous

• We all want to be that mom. Donna Reed and June Clever were really misleading. Real life women get tired, have sleepless nights and PMS. There's other ways to be a good mom.
    Anonymous