How did you feel after your c-section?

I'm preggers for the 4th time and even though I"m only 1 1/2 mos. I'm already worrying about the delivery. My first 2 were natural. My last 1 was an emergency c-section. They had to poke me like 13 times w/ the needle b-4 they got it in for my spinal. After I had the baby, my back, neck, and head, hurt sooooo bad for an entire wk. And I was throwing up for an entire wk. (my incision didn't even really hurt, it was just I had the worst head, back, and neck ache, I've ever had in my entire life. This happened to 2 of my other friends who had a c-section. However my last 2 babies, were 8 lbs 10 oz, and 8lbs 11 oz, so the idea of natural birth is a bit concerning as well. sigh. So glad I've got time to think about this. How did you feel, and how long did it take for you to feel normal again?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 2:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i felt horrible, on top of that i had gotten a bad infection.
    Anonymous

• I felt awful and did get an infection, as well. I was hospitalized a week later for 3 days due to a very bad infection. It was horrible. I could barely walk for a week or so because the pain was so terrible. I didn't realize it'd be that bad, but it's majory surgery of course. I think some women do better, though. One of my friends and my sister both had a way better recovery, which is odd because I am much more physically in shape than both of them. I thought I'd have an easy time, but I didn't.
    Anonymous

• I felt great. I was hadly in pain. I wouldn't say I am in great physical condition or have a high tolerance for pain. Maybe I just had a great doctor.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• you get really really bad staff (staph) i dont knwo what way its spelled! infections.
    Anonymous

• Awful here too! I threw up for only 4 days though..... if I had any choice in the matter I would NEVER have a C Section. Incision still is tender...7 months later.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i think vaginal would be your best choice. :) 8lbs 10 oz is really normal sized. go to ican international's website. they have some great info. gl!
    Anonymous

• I had thrown up for 9 months straight while I was pregnant - after the Csection I felt great. Granted, there was pain for the first few days when moving around, but I am most likely planning on another Csection (I'm only 8 weeks but there have been size issues with all of my babies - for me 8 lbs, 10 oz is NOT normal sized, they had to break my son's shoulder to get him out!)

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Wow! Completely opposite experience than everyone else. Guess I'm lucky. I had a cs after 20+ hours of labor. i was uncomfortable for about a week but i didn't even need to take my pain meds when I got home....Quick recovery and felt normal after a couple of weeks. I'm scheduled to have my second cs next week. Now I'm a little nervous. My doc said it should be easier than my last one because I won't go through the labor. I'm mostly worried about the spinal. I didn't feel it last time but I think it is because I was in so much labor pain.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• With my first (Emergency C) I felt like crap! I had been through 40 hours of labor first so that prob. had more to do with it than anything else. My second was planned and much much better. Don't get me wrong. It was sore but it was bearable with meds the fiorst 5 days and then slowly but surely I didn't need them any more. I was drug free after about a week and a half.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My second c-section was a much better recovery than the first. I was up 1 day later, I really felt good. I only had meds in the hospital.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2009