tips on how to curl the back of my hair

I have shoulder length thin hair and my hair dresser showed me a way to curl my hair with a curling iron to give it soft curls, but my issue is this...I can't get the back of my head good.. Do you guys have any tips on how to curl the back of my head??? HELP!!

Steppy551

Asked by Steppy551 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't ever curl my hair with a curling iron because my hair IS curly o.o but when I straighten it I always part it all the way down the middle and do one half at a time, that seems to make is easier to do the back properly.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• my hair isn't really long enough to part it in the middle and curl it that way.. Any other tips???
    Steppy551

Answer by Steppy551 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Really? My hair is shoulder length too. The shorter your hair the harder it is to work with, lol. Umm, most people pin the hair on top and do the layers underneath first, so like, curl a layer, let some more hair down and curl it, let more down etc etc, but I think that is harder =\
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yeah I do a mixture of both (hard down middle & layer).
    My hair is a few inches past the shoulders.

I suppose the easiest way I've discovered is to get one of those thinner straighteners and curl it that way.
    That way you have more control and don't even have to look.
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 7:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• my hair is short, I just use a million barettes and pin it up and let a little down at a time, If you pin it up in the order you straighten/curl it the you take out a pin then do that layer then the next and so on, after a while it gets way easier. It sucks though someone should really make something to make that easier.
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2009