HSG

Has anyone ever gone in and had the test not work? I had it done last month and for some reason by body absorbed the dye, my doctor put me on a second round of chlomid but I don't think it worked. So she wants me to go in for the procedure again. Do you think I should do it again? My insurance said they will cover it a second time, but they only cover so much. Oh yeah me and hubby have been trying for over a year now.

AJsmom2005

Asked by AJsmom2005 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Wow, your body actually absorbed the dye?? I've had it done 3 times but didn't have any problems....

I would be sure to tell the tech what happened the next time you go in. Maybe they can use something different? I think if it were me, I'd get it done again. It would kind of be a waste to go through all that evil Clomid stuff and find out your tube was blocked by "junk". The HSG can clear slight blockages.

Btw, I'm not a huge fan of regular doc's or ob-gyn's giving clomid. They usually don't really know how it works and you don't get monitored properly to even know if it worked. I don't know of many women who actually ovulated on day 14 with Clomid but yet the doc's insist you come in on day 21 to check your P4 to see if it worked or not. Of course they are going to say it didn't work b/c you haven't ovulated yet! Sorry...good luck with your HSG lol
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 1:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• That's the thing I see alot of ladies on here that are on chlomid and being monitored. The first round she gave me was day 3-7 I think and she told me to start having sex on the 12th. Then this time it was days 5-9. I have not had any bloodwork done to check my levels or anything. The only bloodwork they did was for my thyroid.
    AJsmom2005

Answer by AJsmom2005 at 5:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• You at least need to try to see an ob-gyn that has some experience in infertility, if possible. If your doctor does, then ask for the full battery of fertility tests. I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place?!

Chart your temps and check for fertile signs then ask for a progesterone test 7 days after you ovulate. You might have a luteal phase defect with low progesterone or who knows what else...that's why you need monitoring. I hated going through Clomid with my ob-gyn. Once I saw the reproductive endocrinologist, things really took off from there and I was pregnant in no time.

I'm a very persistent and pro active person. If I want something done, I'm going to try and get it done no matter what lol
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 9:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• my ob told me that she would do two rounds of the chlomid and then refer me to a fertility specialist. So if I get my period this month I think that I will insist it. Thanks for talking with me about this stuff. Hubby just doesn't understand.
    AJsmom2005

Answer by AJsmom2005 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2009