Can anyone help me find a kill shelter near me?

I am looking to adopt a dog from a kill shelter or well any shelter but I can not find a list of them. I live in the tampa bay area

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pets

• call a shelter and ask if they are a kill shelter. They should have to tell you.

• call animal control... its in the phone book... or google it "Animal Shelters" - Tampa Bay FL

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Go to On the left there are search fields and you can enter your zip to find shelters and rescue orgs in your area. Mos tlistings will say if they're a kill shelter. Also try the message boards on there. They tend to post the most urgent ones in there. And THANK YOU for rescuing. You're awesome. :)

Answer by deadheadjen at 3:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Not sure about the kill shelter part, but there is a Dept. of Animal Services on Falkenburg Road. That's where we got our first dog from. Here's the website.

Answer by Littlebit722 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• did you try They usually list all shelters in your area.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• go to petfinder online. Type in your zip and what your looking for and it will bring up shelters.

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Thank you! : )

Answer by DotYourTs at 8:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2009