What do you think about this?

The stimulus bill enacted this year has resulted in as many as 1.6 million jobs saved or created this fall, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said Monday evening.

The nonpartisan CBO said in a legally mandated report that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) had resulted in between 600,000 and 1.6 million jobs for the U.S. economy that wouldn't have existed in the absence of the stimulus.

Additionally, the CBO said, gross domestic product (GDP) was as much as 3.2 percent higher than it would have been in the absence of the stimulus.

The CBO said that the White House's model for analyzing the stimulus was not comprehensive, and that its own analysis provided the best look at the impact of the stimulus so far.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/69923-cbo-stimulus-saved-or-created-as-many-as-16m-jobs

Friday

Asked by Friday at 2:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That's great. I think it helped DH keep working.
    sweetie00

Answer by sweetie00 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I hope they subtracted all those fake districts before posting this.... lol
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Fake districts? What are you talking about Crissy? LOL
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I was never 100% behind the stimulus but I am glad it has helped so many and raised the GDP

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• The CBO is reliable only when it says what the "conservatives" want.

The stimulus has worked on many levels, I posted a few weeks ago articles from multiple ecomonists and multiple sources including the WSJ. Liek it or not, the stimulus did what is was supposed to do.

They have ALWAYS said (the economists) that the jobs are the last to follow and that in the next year they would come along...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

Funny how that works, isn't it? So far, I have not seen any reason not to trust the CBO.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yeah as of Oct 2009 9.5% UE man that stimulus sure did do a lot. Thank GOD for those sky lights in the State run Liquor warehouse in Montana!

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=usunemployment&met=unemployment_rate&tdim=true&q=unemployment+rate+in+the+usa
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Oh don't forget
    the awesome 1.15 million dollars for a new guardrail for a waterless lake
    $300 a piece, road signs are being put up at construction sites to notify drivers that the projects are being paid for with stimulus money.
    Nantucket’s Marine and Coastal Resources Department will receive $2 million to monitor scallop reproduction and habitat.

BAHAHAHAHA You libs are hilarious!!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Where did I say I totally supported the stimulus or that there was no BS pork in it? I'm sure I didn't. Obviously it is helping some people so it was not a complete failure. I guess it would kill some of you Cons to admit that though.

Nice laugh, I can hear Arnold from Happy Days in my head but with the face on your pic.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• The deficit currently stands at about 10.0 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) as the government pumps unprecedented amounts of dollars into the economy to help

Most of the jobs that have been created are Government jobs.  Our economy needs private sector jobs and growth. Not government growth.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2009