I'm 30 weeks pregnant and fell this morning, but didn't hit my belly or anything...

I was going to work and started my car early bc there was ice/frost but when I went out to leave it hadn't thawed out yet so I was going back in to see if we had any de-icer...well we have 4 wooden steps in front of our apartment and I had no problems when walking up them to leave but when I walked down them I stepped on an icy spot and fell and tried to catch myself but still fell and hit the side of my head on the bricks on the side of our apartment and landed on my knees. I didn't hit my belly or anything bc I broke my fall with my face and knees and messed my right knee up...Well I went ahead and came to work and everybody all day keeps telling me I need to go to the Dr and make sure everything is ok, but the only I hurt was the side of my head and knee and the baby has been moving as normal. Since I'm not having any problems then there should be no need to go to the Dr should there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldn't worry about it, unless you think you might have a head injury. the baby is so well protected in there. a lot of people act like a pregnant woman is super frail and needs medical attention for every little thing! i fell around 35 weeks outside and everyone freaked but of course i was fine :)
    Anonymous

• I would just call your doctor but chances are everything is fine. There is no more shock absorbent place to be than in a uterus! He probably didn't even notice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Everything I've read about falling/getting hit while pregnant says that you have to do it hard enough to actauly get really hurt. So if you slipped and were able to get back up I wouldn't worry about it.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If the baby is moving like normal then I wouldnt worry about any pregnancy related complications. If you think you hit your head hard enough to get a concusion then I would go to the ER or your primary care doctor to get it looked at.

But as for the baby... dont worry:)
    Anonymous

• I doubt if there was any harm to the baby, but what about you. Your head and knees took the blow in the fall. Please get checked out so that you don't have problems later. Knees have a way of creating problems when you least expect it.
    nancythegreat

Answer by nancythegreat at 6:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009