i am looking for the effects on a daughter wo grows up without a father?

father, daughter

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Life Without Father: Compelling New Evidence That Fatherhood and ...
    No matter how selfishly we behave, we and our children will be okay. With respect to the needs of children, that wisdom amounts to nonsense, and it serves ...
    findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_n8_v48/ai_18262520 -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I grew up without my father since the age of 5. I have issues trusting men. I am always worried that my husband is either going to leave me or cheating on me. It makes me want to have both parents for my son. Now that I have my own child, I do not want my "father" to be in my sons life. He didnt earn that right. That is how I think it has affected me.
    armymom_tobe

Answer by armymom_tobe at 12:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I grew up not knowing my father, the step-dad I had was no good. Luckily, my mom was a good figure and things went well after she divorced my step-dad. At 36 I just met my bio-dad after I found him. We've met 2x and it has been surreal, but in a good way. I think my mom's choice not to tell me about him until I was 15 was not fair, and I don't think he knew about me. However, I don't feel like I would be much different if he'd been there. I'm educated, married, have 3 great kids, and a great life. Not knowing him wasn't much of a factor in the direction my life went. If you are strong, good to your child, and have good reasons not to have the dad around things will be alright.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I grew up without a dad, he died when I was 4 months old. And my mom did remarry but I never considered him my dad and actually resented him for my mom tried to make me treat him like a dad by taking his last name and calling him dad.

I don't think I have suffered anything because of this. I do have a problem trusting men but that is due to my rape. Before then I actually hung out with guys more than girls. I don't see myself as any different than most of my friends and they have a variety of backgrounds in regards to their fathers.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I grew up with a dad (step-dad) in the house but who never talked to me, and who I was very afraid of at first, and later very angry with.

I found that I craved attention in all the wrong places. I think it is still effecting me to this day and I am 29.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2008