When did your baby outgrow their first carseat?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 3:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I moved them around 11 months, but they were still within the weight limit of the infant seat.
    Anonymous

• We had an infant carrier car seat. He outgrew it at one year. At that point we bought a convertible car seat that is good up to 60 lbs I believe.
    Anonymous

• my dd was out of the infant car seat at like 2-3 months cuz she was so long she would kick the seat and she would of been out of the seat for weight at 6 months anyways she has a convertable car seat she loves.
    she like to be able to see out the windows to wave at the cars now she is 8 months
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My DD is technically still small enough for her infant seat at almost 2 (21 pounds)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My son outgrew the infant carrier when he was about 6 months...he was in the 98% for his height/weight!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• We had an infant carrier that went up to 20lbs. My son is 4 months and is out of it already. He weighs around 16-17 pounds but he just didn't seem comfortable in it anymore and fussed often when we were in the car, so we moved him into a convertible carseat. Now he will sit quietly for most car rides...we still use his carrier though when we attach it to the stroller.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My first outgrew his by 5 months - he was just a tall kid. My second didn't outgrow hers until she was about 2, but we put her in the convertible seat around 18 months; she didn't hit 20 lbs until 23 months. My third was around a year.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• About 7 months. They're both still in their second one.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• DD was too tall for the infant seat by 5-6 mos. DS was within the weight and height for the infant carrier past his first birthday, but we didn't use it all the time at that point.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My son outgrew his bucket seat at five months. Hit both the weight AND height limits. Since he was still a floppy baby and well under a year, we put him in a convertible car seat that could rear face to a much higher limit. We turned him front facing at around 15 months, in the same seat. Only draw back to that seat was it fit funny in the back of our truck and we ended up having to get a booster seat rated for his weight and height earlier this fall. The convertible was jamming his legs into the back of my seat and he'd cry every time I pushed it back. The booster sits differently and he's much more comfortable.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2009