do you save your exppressed milk if you have thrush?

I'm extremely engorged and considering pumping but I'm curios if I should save it or dump it since I have thrush. Thanks!

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YOU can feed with thrush. It doesn't affect the milk it's self. But if you are just pumping any way that will be fine to. Make sure to clean your pump 'cones' after each pumping.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yes. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/thrush-expressed-milk.html

Answer by gdiamante at 3:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• There is no reason to stop breastfeeding with thrush

Answer by rkoloms at 3:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I do still bf but one sides been super hurting when dd latches so I've avoided it. I'm going to pump now cause its so engorged I just wasn't sure if I could freeze it. I know freezing milk doesn't kill the thrush but I wasn't sure if milk even had thrush. I really don't want dd to get it cause I give her contaminated milk.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I was told I could save it but to not freeze it until the thrush was gone. I usually don't store it longer than 24hr anyway to avoid unnecessary formula.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2009