If I'm going to give my dd an ounce or two of water per day should I boil it first? Used bottled? Tap water?

She just had her 6 month check up and her doc said an ounce or two per day from a sippy is ok....I doubt she'll even figure out how to drink from it for a while, but just in case she actually gets some down where should I get the water from? I live in a city that supposedly has good tap water but it still makes me nervous....She's been EBF since she was born...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought nursery water for my son for awhile, and if that ran out before i bought new i would boil his water.....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i just gave my son what i drink, tap water in a brita pitcher/filter thing :)
    Anonymous

• We have very clean tap water and a water filter. I give tap water. Bottled water is the same as tap water contrary to popular belief.
    Anonymous

• If tap water makes you nervous then just use bottled water. We use the arrowhead water for our daughter.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Try a Brita filter.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I use tap water even when i make my sons bottle. There are minerals in the water that is good for them.
    Anonymous

• I'd do tap, and only with solid meals, after nursing or a bottle.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I have a filter at my house because of the houses age. I was okay with that. No harm in buying water though if it makes you feel better.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• We have a filter, and that's good enough for me. What do you drink? Whatever you drink. (Water I mean, I won't put Dr Pepper in the sippy cup, lol)
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• We used tap water with no problems

Answer by admckenzie at 4:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2009