Question about c-sections......

Anyone know how many c-sections a woman is allowed or if there is even a limit. I have heard it is 3. Thanks for any answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They will do as many as they can on you. If you don't want a c-section you need to tell them no-it's your birth and you can have it the way you want it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I'm pretty sure the limit is four. With each section, the uterine tissue gets more fragile, upping the chances that your uterus simply won't be able to grow properly and sustain the baby.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• well i think they get slightly more risky with each subsequent one, and VBAC is safer than repeat c-section :) i don't think there is a "limit" but some OBs will make recommendations for a certain number.
    Anonymous

• i dont think there is a limit. but i do know there is complications the more you have.. my friend had four and i'm having my second c-section.
    tagansmybaby

Answer by tagansmybaby at 4:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2009