Anyone have their tubes tied and regret it?

I know im young, but i really dont think ill want more kids. At this point I know i dont want my tubes tied. But i was just wondering if there were alot of women who had it done then really regreted their decesion?!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• READ THIS

yes, i regret is. PLTS is very real, and unfortunately will not be discussed with you by a physician. it is after all, a byproduct of a medical proceedure that they will receive money from... i had mine at 22, after my 3rd baby. i wish i had not, for may reasons, but mostly PTLS.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• No. I love that I did it. I was 40 though. It is the greatest feeling to never worry about birth control. My BIL had a vasectomy at 29. He deeply regretted his decision. I think you need to wait until you are absolutely sure.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I HIGHLY recommend to anyone considering it to really do their research on Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome before going through with it. It's VERY real, it's not fun, and if it hits you, you're stuck with it unless you want a hysterectomy --- which opens up a whole different can of problems.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i got mine done at 26 after my 3rd..i went through a period where my friend got pregnant and i got those i want baby feelings and was left wondering if i made the right decision, but 2 years later i know i did make the right one...my youngest will be 2 in 2 weeks and almost potty trained and sleepin through the night...such a relief esp when my friends who have newborns "whine" about how tired they are and stressed....and 3 is a good number for me my family feels complete....
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I never regretted it.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• pretty much every woman i know who has had her tubes tied regretted it. now thats not to say every woman period will regret it, just that everyone i personally know had regretted it, get on long term birthcontrol like an iud and see how you feel if a few years
    Gaberielle

Answer by Gaberielle at 3:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• No but I was 40 and we have 5 kids, so it was over due.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• IUDs don't always work, and don't work at all for some women. Case-in-point, my SIL had an IUD placed 12wks post-partum after her first, second, and third babies, and lo and behold, she was pregnant within 6 months after each placement.

I don't think I want mine tied... my mom absolutely changed when she had hers done... she's not the same person.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I did, and I regret it! My periods suck now, and It's not that I want another baby, I just don't like the option being there, it really messes with your head. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
    AndreaLNorris

Answer by AndreaLNorris at 4:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I had mine done after my second child for several reasons. I was 37, I have a blood clotting disorder and I really shouldn't get pregnant again. We only have 2 kids 'cause I miscarried 3 times. After five pregnancies and two kids, I figure I'm just not meant to be mom of more. We'll borrow, adopt, foster, babysit, something. But again, I was 37. I can't use hormonal bc because of the blood clotting disorder. I won't use an IUD because they don't prevent conception, just implantation. I used condoms, but I really don't like them much. So, since I was in the hospital anyway, I got snipped. DH was relieved that it wasn't him!
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2009