Is it ok to talk to your girlfriends about your husband?

My husband over heard me talking to my friend while on the phone telling her about our weekend out and I said he got a little boring and how I was shocked - so nothing too bad - but now he is offended i talked behind his back. I told him girls always talk to their friends - RIGHT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I have to agree with anon. You just have to put yourself in his position.
    I tell my SO everything about my friends (well, to a certain extent but it is around 89%) and I tell ONE of my friends EVERYTHINGGGG that goes on.

But my SO knows that so I know it's fine with him :]

Try to create sort of a similar situation/scenario. Tell him that it's natural for girls to talk and explain to him why or how he got boring. Yeahhhh I know how you feel because I did the same thing with my girlfriends and one of them emailed him an "instruction manual" of me. hahahaha... everything turned out great.
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 7:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i do..as long as you trust your friends and they are mature enough to handle what you are saying..but somethings like intimate things I keep to myself...just use discretion
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• To a certain extent, like what you guys were talking about sure....i keep bedroom stories minimal to NONE! I guess HEARING you hurt his feelings, Id be hurt if i heard my SO talking about me and it wasnt positive. Im kinda sensitive though!!! Switch places, im sure he mightve felt a little betrayed.....i dont know ab the whole talking behind my back thing.....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Look at it from his point of view. What if he was on the phone with his "boys" and he told them "Oh we were out but she got a little boring" wouldn't you get offended. I would.
    Anonymous