clomid question

my doctor raise the dose on my clomid from fifity to one hundred is a good chance by the dose been raise an this will be my third round starting this month i hope to get a positive
by the end of december have anyone went from 50 to 100 an got pregnant quick.

sexylady35

Asked by sexylady35 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Were you not ovulating on 50mg? If you were ovulating, then there is no reason to raise the dosage. Women tend to ovulate later (chart your temps to confirm) on Clomid. A day 21 progesterone check does no good.

Clomid is an anti estrogen so it dries your fertile cervical mucus up and makes it hostile to sperm, especially if you have been taking it for a couple of months. Try taking an expectorant cough syrup, like Robitussin to increase your fertile cm. Clomid can also thin your uterine lining preventing a fertilized egg from implanting. Try taking a baby aspirin a day until ovulation.

Studies show that if pregnancy doesn't happen within the first 3 months on Clomid, it probably won't happen. 3-6 months is the max for taking it, then you need to look for other options. My first round of injectibles after 7 round of Clomid, I got pregnant :) So there is hope!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 1:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Sorry, I never answered your question directly! Yes, raising the dosage can help if the lower dosage didn't produce any follicles. But, the higher the dosage, the more side effects (that I mentioned previously). You really need ultrasound monitoring to see if you are producing adequate follicles.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 1:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2009