Who wears the pants in your family?

Me and my dh joke about this from time to time and he always says I wear the pants in the family. Lol. And I always tell him that we both wear the pants in the family but honestly I feel that I do more then he does only because I financially take care of everything except for making the money in which he does.... I am a SAHM, I take care of the children 85% of the time and make most of the decisions for them except for when he is home in the evenings then of course he helps alot with everything, I typically have the final say in any big purchases and so on and on. But over all I would say we both share the pants... lol.. or at least I like to think that. :) What about for you?

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 3:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• We share :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i really don't know... never thought much about it. i tend to be submissive in a lot of areas, and others... not so much. i guess we compliment one another nicely in that way, with the sub/dom aspects of our relationship as a whole... hmmm... i guess we both do from time to time.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• well he makes the money and I spend the money (pay the bill). I make sure everything in the house is done. I always tell him I am his personal assistant

Answer by louise2 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Well, literally, we ALL wear the pants..LOL All 6 of us. But metaphorically, I would say we started out with ME doing it simply because I am a stronger personality and better with people, but as time moved on, I learned to let him lead, make the decisions and follow. He just needed to know I would follow and I needed to know I could trust him. Almost 15 yrs later, I would definitely say that we do equal amts of work and decision making. He makes all the money, I take care of the home, laundry and appts, and we both share the kids. I help the girls with their work, projects, driving them to ball games, I take all the kids to school in the mornings and he takes more responsibility for the boys. He picks up all the kids from school due to his schedule being flexible, brings them home and then helps with the 8 yr olds homework and he bathes them and puts them to bed. He does the boyscout thing too and I do the room mom. Very equal
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My husband is the head of our home and I am his helpmeet. I love it being that way, because I feel protected, cherished, and loved because I know that he is always looking out for me. He knows that he can ask me to do anything to help make his life easier and I will do it. This system has worked for us for nearly 45 years, so I don't think I want to change anything about it. So I guess in our home, he wears the pants!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• it depends on the situation.

but for the most part we share.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If that means who has the responsibility, then me. If it means who gets to do what they want, that would be him.
    Anonymous

• He likes to joke about that: I wear the pants in the house...she picks them for me, lol. But honestly we talk a lot about everything, that's the best you can do, in this times when women and men work to support the family, you need to share more than just the bills, I cook, he does the dishes, I do the laundry, he helps me fold it, I go grosery shopping, he follows me around and then puts everything in the truck, lol. It's all about communication
    karla85

Answer by karla85 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2009